Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wednesday Night Ramblings - August 26 2015 - College Football and School Spirit



               One thing I will declare straight up: I hate Football. Not only do I think it’s one of the most overhyped boring sports (second only to the other “football”, soccer), the one time I tried to play it I got my jaw broken. As much as I despise that sport, I can understand why some people would watch the NFL. These players are the best at what they do, so if you’re a fan of football these are the people you would want to watch. For this reason it perplexes why anyone gives two shits about college football. 

                No matter what people think, college football players are not the best. If they were, they would be in the NFL. College is the farm system for the NFL. Some players will go on to have great careers, some will have an ok time, and others won’t do jack shit and disappear. So then can anyone explain to me why they are able to sell out stadiums with tens of thousands of people? Let’s be honest, these guys haven’t accomplished anything yet. Until they make it to the big time, they are just maybe’s. How many times was someone supposed to become the greatest of all time only to fizzle and disappear? No one cares about college baseball or college hockey. For one short period people care about college basketball but that’s about it. If anyone can explain to me why college football matters please, let me know.

                This also ties in to another issue for, school spirit. College football ties into this. Why do people, especially in the US, have such an attachment to the university they go to? Why are there feuds between Texas College vs Texas University? To me, university is just a place where I spend way too much money to get a piece of paper that’s supposed to say I’m smarter than someone who doesn’t have it. It’s a business transaction, plain and simple. I don’t buy sweaters of the grocery store I go to, I don’t get mugs featuring my cable company nor do I buy blankets featuring the logo of the company that made my lawnmower. Why would university be different? I don’t care if you went to ole miss? I’m going to Concordia, who gives a shit?

                That’s enough ranting this before I offend someone. Here’s some achievements, have a good week.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Love at First Sight - 10G - Survive a Close Encounter with a Facehugger



Micro Changes in Air Density - 10G - Track 100 hostiles targets with the Motion Tracker



Bad Feeling about This Drop - 20G - Complete Sulaco Falls





No comments:

Post a Comment