Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Wenesday Night Ramblings - July 15 2015 - Donald Trump, Montreal Comic Con, Funko



           There is one man out there in the world who has brought me an insane amount of unintentional hilarity. His views and beliefs are so off to another planet that a lot of the time I feel like he’s playing a practical joke on me. That man is Donald Trump. I had heard about him in passing many years ago but it was not until I began watching the Celebrity Apprentice that I truly understood what he was. And now that he is running for president, the opportunities for hilarity are endless. Already comics are jumping on him but we don’t even them to make the jokes, Trump does it to himself. I saw him do an interview on Bill O’Reilley, another terrible person, and The Donald just kept saying stupid things. His disdain for Mexicans is so bizarre. He pulls up all kind of rape statistics that sound made up and he even spins the story of NBC dropping his ass as if they are really mistreating the women of his pageants. Part of me wants this man to become president. I know the world would become a much, much darker place but it would be so funny. 

            This last weekend I attended the Montreal Comic Con. My gripe here is that they changed the weekend it is on. In the past it was always on in September, but for some reason they moved it to July. And just any weekend in July, the July 4th weekend. This would obviously have an impact on what guests would show up, because just like us celebrities like to celebrate holidays. The lineup was a little sparser this year. The guests would be known to the genre public, but I had a hard time explaining to normal people who was going to be there. The comic con itself has also lost some appeal to me. It was really special the first couple of years, but now it feels more like a flea market of stuff that I have no room in my house to keep. I did indulge in one thing though, I got some X-Files funko toys. 

            I must say that I am now a believer in the funko Pop vinyl figures. Sadly, I want to collect them all!!! Now I know that’s never going to happen (and that’s a good thing!) but I cannot deny their appeal. I can’t explain their appeal either, they’re just cute action figures of characters from multiple franchises. I think what Funko did was create something that is easily collectible, adorable and uses characters people love. I saw a similar phenomena in the 90’s; the beanie babies. Those were all over the damn place, and now people can’t get rid of them. I know eventually the same will happen to Funko, but not yet. Those things were everywhere at comic con. Every shop was selling them, some shops were only selling that. Rather then complain about them, just enjoy them. Eventually they will become a reminder of a time in history.

            That does it for Wednesday night ramblings this week. Below are my achievements for the week. Lots of Arkham Knight achievements, I’m wondering how doable the completion is. We’ll see what happens once I get closer to the end.

Batman Arkham Knight














The Riddle Factory - 10G - Obtain a key by completing the eight Riddler trial














Lethal Pursuits - 10G - Obtain a key by completing the ninth Riddler trial














Cuckoo for Incarceration - 50G - Rescue your friend














Brotherhood of the Fist - 10G - Return of the dynamic duo














A Heart Broken in Two - 25G - Secure the secret base














Death and Glory - 5G - Perform 20 fear takedowns














Double Jeopardy - 10G - Face off with an old friend














City of Fear - 20G - Defend the assault on your ally's base













Savage Metal - 5G - Smash 10 militia transport vehicles off the road without using the immobilizer














Seduction of the Gun - 5G - Achieve 50 critical shots on light tanks














Who Rules the Night - 30G - Batman vs the Arkham Knight














Scar of the Bat - 15G - Cure the doctor














Judgment Day - 30G - Win the Rumble down under














Fear of Success -20G - Survive Scarecrow's ambush














The Cult - 10G - Save the sacrificial victim and lock up the executioner in GCPD














The Road Home - 15G - Destroy all of the militia APC's














Be Not Afraid - 30G - Win the War for Gotham














Master of Fear - 50G - Wayne vs Crane

No comments:

Post a Comment