Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Night Ramblings - July 29 2015 - The Asylum, changes to review policy, La Ronde



This week I did something I haven’t done in a while; I reviewed an Asylum movie. If you don’t know what the Asylum is, they’re a movie studio that make terrible rip-off movies. If Snakes on a Planes is coming out, they’ll make Snakes on a Train. The release of Sharknado 3 last week inspired me to jump back in to that mess of a studio. So far I’ve watched 2 of their “films” and to be honest they weren’t as bad as I feared. Don’t get me wrong, the acting is horrendous but their CGI has improved, although still nothing above an end of semester college project. They’re like a trainwreck that you can’t keep your eyes away from, you just have to see what happens. I’ll try to keep these coming as long as I can endure them, but don’t expect any miracles people, I have limits. 

                While on the case of reviewing movies from the Asylum, I decided to change my review policy. I’d normally pick what I’m going to review way in advance and then watch those movies over the next month. This led to many missed deadlines, movies waiting to get reviewed for months and just general annoyance. I’m going to ditch that and just review whatever I want every week. Instead of just cranking a review out I want them to mean something and have quality to them. Don’t worry, you can still expect the weekly review on Sunday, I want to keep that a steady rule. There may be more during certain weeks when I have time, but that Sunday review is fixed and I hope not to miss any. 

                Last Saturday I went to La Ronde, the amusement park we have here in Montreal. And think that was the last time. Every single time I go there it ends up going bad and this time was no exception. Roller coasters, especially the more extreme ones, do not agree with my stomach. It’s not the fear that gets me, it’s the sickness. I started my day at La Ronde Saturday going on a roller coaster and felt like crap the entire day, leading to me throwing up 8 hours later (I can’t explain why it took so long). I spent the rest of the time waiting with my friends in line and then skipping the ride once we got to the end. This might be a sign that this is not what I’m meant for. I don’t think I’ll be going there anymore and if I do, NO GODDAMN ROLLER COASTERS!!! Maybe I can do the kiddie one but nothing extreme. My relationship with La Ronde is like a woman with an abusive boyfriend. You keep hoping next time will be better but deep down you know it’s never going to be.

                Only one achievement this week, I’ve been focusing on my crossfit training. I may start a new game this week, either Aliens: Colonial Marines or an Assassin’s Creed, have not decided yet.

Batman: Arkham Knight












Days of Fire - 15G - Extinguish the fires in Gotham City

No comments:

Post a Comment